Louise's mission is to:
- Assist people experiencing a significant health crisis e.g. cancer, or life event- divorce or death of a loved one
- Empower people to use Reiki to bring peace, happiness and wellness into their own lives.
- Teach and practise Usui Shiki Ryoho as passed down in the Usui-Hayashi-Takata-Mitchell lineage ( Louise is undergoing further training with Paul Mitchell, one of Mrs Takata's Masters, to be able to pass this form of practice on in its complete form).
- Teach people to become confident and compassionate Reiki channels.
- Provide Reiki of the highest standard professionally and personally.
Louise has been a registered nurse working in Melbourne's hospitals for over thirty years, with extensive experience in clinical, education and management roles. This gives her a wealth of knowledge and experience in caring for people.
In 2015 Louise attended the ARC International Reiki conference, it was there she heard Paul Mitchell speak. Paul is one of Mrs Takata's 22 Reiki Masters and he has taught Reiki for 39 years. Deeply moved by his talk and obvious commitment to Reiki, Louise felt strongly that she was being called to learn and train with this renowned Reiki Master Teacher.
Paul has accepted Louise as a Reiki Master candidate in the form of Reiki he holds and teaches - Usui Shiki Ryoho. The lineage bearer of Usui Shiki Ryoho is Phyllis Lei Furumoto (Mrs Takata's grand daughter), Paul holds the position of Head of Discipline, he and Phyllis travel and teach internationally. Mrs Takata practised and taught Reiki for over 40 years, she brought Reiki out of Japan and enabled the spread of Reiki globally.
In mid 2009 Louise initiated a Reiki volunteer project which she named the WINGMAN PROJECT©. She developed and co-ordinated this group which provided free Reiki treatments to those affected by the Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria's Kinglake area. In recognition of this important work she was invited to speak at the ARC National Reiki conference in 2010.
Along with her commitment to Reiki, Louise is also a qualified Aromatherapist. She obtained her Aromatherapy qualifications at the Melbourne College of Natural Medicine and has studied further with Dr Daniel Penoel and Dr Kurt Schaubelt in France.
Louise has lived with her family in the Bayside area for over 20 years. She has two adult children and still works in healthcare education as well as her busy private practice.
- Reiki Master Teacher ( Western and Japanese branches)
- CARO professional Practice - Reiki Treatment Delivery and Business Skills
- Aromatherapy - Melbourne College of Natural Therapies (now Endeavour College)
- Aromatherapy Training Intensives and workshops with Aromatherapists Dr Daniel Penoel and Dr Kurt Schnaubelt
- Registered Nurse- Graduate Diploma in Nursing (Monash University)
- Cert IV Training and Assessment, Cert IV Training and Education
- ARC- Australian Reiki Connection referred Reiki Teacher
- AHPRA - Registered Nurse, Division1
About Sacred Lotus Healing
Sacred Lotus Healing was started in 2001 by Melbourne Registered Nurse, Louise Riley. Louise is a dedicated and inspiring Reiki healer and teacher. She is committed to providing Reiki healing and training of the highest standard to all her clients and students.
"I have recently studied Reiki 1 & 2 with Louise at Sacred Lotus Healing. Louise is a caring and kind teacher, and clearly very passionate about Reiki, it's principals and sharing this gift. Louise taught me how to infuse Reiki into my everyday life as well as giving private and distant healings. Classes are conducted in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere, with the opportunity to give and receive Reiki. Thank you Louise for sharing your knowledge, passion and love of Reiki with me!" - Kate